Friday, December 25, 2009

60% Glycolic Acid Peel ?

Is it safe to do a 60% glycolic acid peel once a week?





I've had severe acne for a while and recently (a few months ago), I started doing these peels at home. I've had them done before dozens of times at the derm (40-50%), but I got sick of going so I bought the solution from licensed companies online and carry out the procedure myself. I follow all the steps and precautions...and I see little improvement over time, so I am thinking about stepping it up.





After the peel my skin is dry and looks good, but then a few days later, it slowly returns back to each oily state. I'm thinking if I do them once a week, I'll control my oily skin and will be free of breakouts??





Thank you in advance!60% Glycolic Acid Peel ?
Glycolic facial acid peels are good once a week. The oils on your face is caused by replenishment of facial cells, meaning your epidermis is acting like it's injured. As it result, it becomes oily.


What I use is a facial scrub sponge and and paraben free lavender soap or Oil of Olay facial cleanser. Afterwards, I apply a light facial moisturizer, a dab on a finger and rub it between my palms and apply to face in a circular motion. Once a week I use a mud mask to clear off the impurities.





For best results drink plentiful amounts of water to keep your skin hydrated.





I hope this information is sufficient enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment