Friday, December 25, 2009

I think my glycolic acid face peel burned certain parts of my skin it almost looks like chemical burn?

is this normal I just got the peel todayI think my glycolic acid face peel burned certain parts of my skin it almost looks like chemical burn?
Hmm... an ';acid'; face peel.... looks like a chemical burn huh. gee I wonder why?





Lets break it down,





';acid'; a chemical that eats away at things


';face'; that would be the thing the acid ate.


';peel'; something that happens to dead skin.





Glycolic acid (or hydroxyacetic acid) Once applied, glycolic acid reacts with the upper layer of the skin, weakening the binding properties of the lipids that hold the dead skin cells together. This allows the outer skin to ';dissolve'; revealing the underlying skin.





So why are you surprized? What did you think was going to happen when you put acid on your face?I think my glycolic acid face peel burned certain parts of my skin it almost looks like chemical burn?
how bad?


it shouldnt look like.. destroyed

No comments:

Post a Comment