Monday, December 21, 2009

Glycolic peel left me seriously burnt! help!?

hellllo, well i am 16 years old and have been getting glycolic acid peels done professionally at a dermatology office for a while now. i go every two weeks to get these peels to help with acne and pigment problems. i just got my fifth one done today. they started me off low and every time the concentration got higher or the time longer, and i reacted quite well to all of them except today. it was at a 50% concentration for 3 minutes, and my right cheek is completey scorched! its really red, painful and almost raw looking. im assuming i've gotten a burn. i put aloe vera (right from the plant) on it and washed it gently with cold water for a few minutes and kept cold compresses on it. its really only my cheek that has this big burn, the rest of my face is fine.





has this ever happened to anyone else?


how long will it take to heal?


will it leave scars? (my biggest fear)





thanks!Glycolic peel left me seriously burnt! help!?
It shouldn't leave a scar. I use them and have gotten red from them - it usually lasts about 2-3 days. Keep the aloe or a triple antibiotic gel (like Neosporin) on it to soothe and help it heal.





Call the derm and have them note your file as well - they may also prescribe something to soothe it.
  • Do puppies lose their
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment