Friday, December 25, 2009

Should I consider getting a glycolic acid peel?

My skin type: Oily, acne prone, somewhat sensitive


My regimen: Wash, toner, and thoroughly moisturize twice a day. I use a mask/scrub 2-3 times a week. Most of my products are from Clinique.


My problem: Continual buildup of dead cells that flake off in very large ';sheets';. No matter how much I exfoliate my skin is still flaky, which is strange because I have oily skin.


Why I'm thinking of getting a peel: to help remove the top dead layers so my acne treatments can work better, as well as have smoother skin.


Why I'm thinking of NOT getting one: My skin is still ';virgin.'; I haven't had many extremely harsh products on my skin and I'm worried that I'm too young to start damaging my skin (i'm 17.)





What do you think?


The product I was considering buying is the Clinique turnaround radiance peel.Should I consider getting a glycolic acid peel?
You are way too young to be considering a peel. If you are concerned with a build up of dead skin, go to a dermatologist %26amp; get microdermabrasion. What it is, is a small light sandpaper like circular shape that they rotate around to lift the dead cells %26amp; it has a small vacuum (like the suction thing at a dentist) %26amp; it sucks up all the dead cells %26amp; unclogs your pores.


It will be the best thing for your skin type %26amp; age.Should I consider getting a glycolic acid peel?
Absolutely not! You still have baby skin, no matter problems or not! Do not do anyting that drastic.


You are over doing your face with too much regimine. Try water and a very soft cloth for the next few weeks and forget all the cleaners, scrubs, and toners!


There is such a thing as overdoing it, and you definately are! Everyone is diferent, and there are people that do that weekly and it does their skin good, your problems are over doing the stripping. Let your skin breath for a while, let nature do its thing, let natural oils soften and nurish that skin all on its own.


When, *if, you go back to a regime, change brands. The stripping of sheets of skin is a reaction to one of the things, so start new and see what happens after a few day or weeks, you may see improvment or not. Id start slowly though.





You are listing to too many commercials, or too many friends or sales people.


I hope you take this advice, you most likely see an improvment to your skin, its pretty damaged right now, and all those chems and scrubs are the reason!
it sounds like your skin has acclimated to the extensive regimen of many additives, which is to say that ';cleansing'; it by purifying it with dry product and adding less natural moisturizers is causing it to compensate for the fluctuation by flaking and producing excess oils. at 17 (i'm 23 now) my skin was more oily as well, and now can be dry, like perhaps yours is (though i don't flake in sheets).


i suggest more intensive treatments like the clinique product or even a professional peel only after you relegate your skin care techniques to more...subtle activity. since you're at an age metabolically speaking where your body chemistry is making your skin all crazy, it might be more prudent to go back to basics first. an oil free face wash, like a clean %26amp; clear morning burst or something more expensive if you prefer. it's doubly effective as a cleanser and eliminates the harsh astringency of a toner, which i don't suggest trying to acclimate to at your body's age. then, before bed, you can use a small dollop of vaseline, rub it between your palms to soften it, and smear a thin layer over your face. it's cheap cheap CHEAP and is my secret miracle ingredient, it won't clog your pores at all. this will keep your skin from flaking and stabilize your moisture levels. other than that, also ';de-frequent'; how often you exfoliate and mask, maybe once a weekish? this will also help stabilize your conflicting skin issues, as it is possible to do these things waaaay too much.


regardless, if your skin battles the simplicity, nothing's wrong with a glycolic sugar peel for normal skin. i'd wait for the ultimate last resort if your skin is as sensitive as you say it is, though, no good can come of putting it through too much


good luck
That peel is very harsh. I love Clinique and have used it for many years. Yet, I couldn't handle the peel. It left my skin dry and felt it did nothing for my skin.


Have you considered Total Turnaround Concentrate, also by Clinique. This is a serum based time-released exfoliator that approves the tone and texture of skin overtime. It is excellent!


Also try Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief. This most definitely helps with flakes, and is a gel so you can use it on top of anything, even makeup.


I also put Jojoba oil in my moisturizer. Yes, it is called an oil, but is really a wax. It is the closest thing to our natural sebum and really helps with dryness as well as skin clarity.


Go to a dermatologist and they will help you find a solution without having to get a peel.


Check out Olay, too. Their regenerist line I heard is wonderful and there may be products for you. My sister loves this line.
I've been in that situation and there is really nothing you can do about it. There are things you can do to try to reduce the blemishes and get rid of acne/pimples temporarily but you will always be finding yourself cleaning your face or your body depending on where it's at.





I mean of course your acne should go away eventually but for some this is the case their whole life.





I'm 29 years old and have been suffering from these little pests since I was a teenager. I tried all sorts of face washes from the local grocery store and what not, but nothing seemed to work. If anything it would just make my skin dry and itchy.





Literally the best acne face wash I've ever used has been this stuff called clearpores. It has got rid of the acne to quickest and has been a success ever since I got it. It's unique cause of it's herbal supplement you take a long with it that helps your skin from the inside out. I saved money on it at skincleansingsystem dot com at the time which was helpful.





You should really look into this stuff and if you can to assure the best results, get the 3 month supply because if it doesn't work it will still save you butt on the return policy.





Well good luck and best wishes.
  • Do puppies lose their
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment