Friday, December 25, 2009

Should I consider getting a glycolic acid peel?

My skin type: Oily, acne prone, somewhat sensitive


My regimen: Wash, toner, and thoroughly moisturize twice a day. I use a mask/scrub 2-3 times a week. Most of my products are from Clinique.


My problem: Continual buildup of dead cells that flake off in very large ';sheets';. No matter how much I exfoliate my skin is still flaky, which is strange because I have oily skin.


Why I'm thinking of getting a peel: to help remove the top dead layers so my acne treatments can work better, as well as have smoother skin.


Why I'm thinking of NOT getting one: My skin is still ';virgin.'; I haven't had many extremely harsh products on my skin and I'm worried that I'm too young to start damaging my skin (i'm 17.)





What do you think?


The product I was considering buying is the Clinique turnaround radiance peel.Should I consider getting a glycolic acid peel?
Get your skin ph balanced. Get unpasteurized Apple cider vinegar at the store( Bragg's kind, usually in the health food part). put it in the small container. 50% Acv and 50% distilled water. after cleansing with a mild facial soap use this as a toner. Nothing else for a week. If that is too strong add more distilled water. After 7 days, it will balance your face and gently exfoliate your dead skin cells. Look for healthier ways to clear up your acne. Expensive products don't always mean better. Google ';naturally acne fighters'; . Even strawberries and pineapple have enzymes that can slough off dead skin cells. At 17, be sure to drink lots of water. Acne can be an indicator off something out of balance on the inside of your body as well. Be gentle to your skin. Try the ACV for a week, try to drink a gallon of water a day for the same week and then evaluate from there. Acv has helped my skin tremendously. Also if you have an indian stores near by, make a face mask of powdered neem leaves and water. The box sells for no more than 3 dollars. Neem is a naturally anti bacterial. Google it. Hope this helps.
  • Do puppies lose their
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment