Friday, December 25, 2009

How do I soothe the skin on my face after a glycolic peel?

I had my 4th glycolic peel today and this one really made my skin sensitive. Feels like a bad sunburn and looks like that too.





I am doing a 6 week series and a minute is added to each session, this one was a 6 minute peel with 30% solution.





What can I do to help ease the discomfort? I am using a good lotion, but are there other tricks?





I tried to put make-up on for mother's day outing, but OUCH! too sore.





I have always had positive results from my glycolic peels. I skipped a week of my treatment. I should have only had a 4 minute or 5 minute peel.





Any advice?How do I soothe the skin on my face after a glycolic peel?
use skin moistureiserHow do I soothe the skin on my face after a glycolic peel?
I dont exactly know what a glycolic peal is I've never had one. but my suggestion and it will probably look funny (depending on how much you put on) but it might help, is to cover your face with aloe vera gel (with lidacaine, the blue stuff) that you buy at like walmart for sunburns. the aloe vera will help your skin heal and the lidacaine will help dull the pain. and next week I would suggest not going up a minute since you skipped a week.
I had my first Glycolic Peel on Saturday, so I feel your pain :)





I've been soothing mine with Jason's Ester-C toner and Jason's Ester-C Hydrating Masque. (you can find it in the natural and organic section of your grocery store)


I keep my toner in the fridge and spritz it on my face, dabbing it off with cotton balls. Then I slather on the hydrating cream.





Seems to be working so far, and my face feels better than it did!


I hope this helps!
aloe vera lotion or spray, a sensitive skin lotion, and some ice should help. treat it just like a sunburn, because its nearly the same thing, just from a different source.

No comments:

Post a Comment