Monday, December 21, 2009

Glycolic Peel ';at home'; ??

Hi,





I'm in Europe for a while where it's legal to buy real glycolic acid in pharmacies. I'm hoping someone with experience on the subject of facial peels will answer my question. I'd like to do a glycolic peel at home. Since I can buy products between 3% and 70% glycolic acid ~ what should I start with?? I have small, faint discolorations all over my face from years of acne (no raised or indented scars though).





Also, if I try to apply it evenly, there shouldn't be much risk with peeling certain areas deeper than others right?





Yes, I have read quite a bit on the subject and am aware there will be stinging %26amp; redness for a full evening afterwards.





Thank you for any sound advice!!Glycolic Peel ';at home'; ??
I would do a 35% first. I wouldn't dare do any stronger until you are more familiar with your skins reaction to it. The site below has very good instuctions and instuctions on how to do a patch test.

No comments:

Post a Comment