Friday, December 25, 2009

Question about Glytone Mild Gel Wash and Glytone glycolic facial peel?

Today I went to my dermatologist and received a glycolic acid peel using Glytone products. I was wondering if anyone has had this particular procedure and whether it successfully eliminated acne.





The Dr. also said something about Glytone Mild Gel Wash (which contains a tiny, tiny amount of glycolic acid in the wash) By using this everyday, i could rejuvenate my skin cells and have a mini glycolic peel each day. Just wondering if anyone has used these products for acne or got a glycolic acid peel and if they have helped their acne?Question about Glytone Mild Gel Wash and Glytone glycolic facial peel?
It depends on the individual, but glycolic peels generally do help with acne. Glycolic acid is a chemical exfoliator, so the chemical basically removes the dead and and rough layers of your outer skin. The peels help reduce oiliness and make your skin smoother.





Personally, I don't think the mild gel wash is very useful. After getting a glycolic peel myself once, the therapist suggested I could try the gel wash, and I bought it for my boyfriend to try as he has bad acne. It really didn't help with the acne and in fact dried out his skin too much. It's also annoying to use because you have to rub it into your skin and wait a few minutes before you can wash it off. It's also quite expensive as well.





I think you should just use a normal cleanser and exfoliator and just get a glycolic peel every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment