Monday, December 21, 2009

General questions about Glycolic acid facial peel at home.?

I'm planning to buy the glycolic acid to do the chemical peel at home.





I'm planning to buy the 70% glycolic acid, and dilute it myself.


1. Do I just dilute it with water?


2. Can I dilute more at once and store it in the bottle for later use or should I dilute only one time use?


3. Does the regular plastic travel size cosmetic container good for storing glycolic acid? Or, should I use the glass instead?


4. I'm planning to buy the syringes for more precise dilute measurement. The syringes are plastic material with the rubber stopper insider, is it safe? Would the glycolic acid melt it?





I have acne prone combination skin. T-zone are oily in summer, and starting to have acne on my cheek.


I really don't want my face to peel, I don't mind to do the peel gradually, or a mini mask type of thing everyday.


1. What percentage should I use to start with?


2. Anyone done any body peel? What percentage do you use?


3. how do you make the neutralizer with baking soda?General questions about Glycolic acid facial peel at home.?
What you are attempting to do is extremely dangerous and I strongly advise against it.





70% GA is a medical level peel. and there are things which you have not said in your post or may not know. Particularly the pH level of the acid. (a pH level of 6 is 10 times stronger in acidity than neutral (7). But a pH of 5 is 100 times stronger.. I bet even the supplier has a warning that states that is should only be used by a professional.





Acid burns cause scarring too. If you do not have experience in chemistry or medicine, I strongly advise you attemting this. Even medical aestheticians will not attempt this without accurate information pertaining the the percentage and pH of the acid.





And if any of this gets into your eyes, you will be in real trouble. Clients/patients who have this done have their eyes protected.





I work with these acids and I know what I am talking about.








This is not something that I will help you with.








JeffGeneral questions about Glycolic acid facial peel at home.?
Personally I would look into other skincare opitions before you go and use a chemical on your face. I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant and there are things in our line that would resolve your skincare issues. Don't run the risk of burning your face just because you haven't found the right cleansers and moisterizers to get rid of you acne.

No comments:

Post a Comment